The "Fuchsbau" from 1978 to 1990
The defense against enemy aircraft capable of flying at supersonic speeds led to the development of automated Command and Control centers in air defense.
In the GDR, therefore, the automated command and control system "ALMAS" was introduced in 1977.
This made it necessary to expand the old "Fuchsbau".

Model view of the entire protective structure complex of the F├╝rstenwalde "Fuchsbau" in the Rauen Mountains with its two sub-objects TO-01 ,TO-02 and the head structure, looking west.

The approx. 190m x 100m bunker complex "Fuchsbau" here as an animated 3D model without consideration of its earth cover.
The coloring clarifies the individual expansion phases:
The bunker remains from 1945 are shown in brown, the enlargement from 1960 in gray and green, respectively, as well as the extension from 1978 here in orange.

A magnificent panoramic view was offered in good visibility in the direction north to F├╝rstenwalde from the surface of the new protective structure TO-01an.
completed in 1978. Camouflage name of the service station is now: Research and observation center "RADUGA", short "FBZ".
The camouflage superstructures above the fresh air and exhaust air shafts can be clearly seen.
After 1994, the superstructures were dismantled and the shafts were filled with concrete.
Behind the tall poplar trees, the buildings of the entrance structure and the freight elevator are still standing.To the left, the camouflaged directional radio antenna can be seen.
Due to the perfect camouflage, the actual bunker facilities remained almost invisible.
Camouflage nets spanned the open spaces in front of the buildings.The concrete slab walkways were colored olive green.
The exhaust pipe from the diesel generators looked very much like a large campfire pit.

The site is now overgrown with trees and gives little idea of what is underground.